Exploring the New Years 11 and 12 Standard and Advanced Courses
‘...Come, my friends, ‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.”
Friday, August 25
Members are advised to register as soon as possible at www.cpl.asn.au.
This is a major English conference for all involved in teaching English in the senior secondary years. The focus of the conference will be the new English Stage 6 Syllabus (Standard and Advanced courses). This is an opportunity for English teachers to engage in a significant professional learning experience in order to plan, program, resource and implement the new English syllabus for 2018. Our three highly experienced and passionate presenters, Associate Professor Jackie Manuel, Deb McPherson and Jane Sherlock are back for 2017.
This conference will address:
- What is new and what has been maintained in the new senior English syllabus and what are the implications of this for successful teaching and learning in Year 11 and the HSC year?
- How do we program for engaged and effective learning for all students and reinvigorate the experience of English in Year 11?
- What resources can we adopt, adapt and create to cater for the diverse learning needs of students in Stage 6?
- Which Module rubrics require a rethinking of previous approaches to the study of texts?
- What are the most appropriate pathways for Standard and Advanced students?
Registrations for this conference are now open and all financial members of the NSW Teachers Federation are eligible to apply to attend CPL courses and conferences. The fee for the conference is $200. Relief costs need to be met by your school.
Morning tea and lunch will be provided and a range of Sydney booksellers will have texts for you to peruse and ponder for your book room and there are raffle prizes.
Completing a Secondary English Conference Stage 6: Exploring the new Years 11 and 12 Standard and Advanced Courses will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing: 2.1.2, 2.2.2, 2.3.2, 3.2.2, 3.4.2, 6.2.2, for the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
The Conference will be held in the Auditorium of the NSW Teachers Federation, 37 Reservoir Street, Surry Hills.
Please alert all English Teachers at your school to this important event. Go to www.cpl.asn.au to register