In 2017, the NSW Teachers Federation is providing 14 Future Teacher Scholarships with a value of $4000 each.
The scholarships underline Federation’s support of public education and the union’s commitment to building and supporting the teaching profession in public schools.
Members are urged to encourage former students who are now studying to become teachers and those university students they have encountered on professional experience in their schools to apply.
As Federation wishes to assist as many aspiring public education teachers as possible, previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
The scholarships are awarded to tertiary students:
- enrolled in a BOSTES accredited teacher education degree course at a tertiary institution
- who are student members of the NSW Teachers Federation
- who have completed year 12 (or the equivalent) at a public school or TAFE college in NSW.
Federation’s Future Teacher Scholarships Committee will award the 14 scholarships across the following five categories:
- all future teachers
- future teachers who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people
- future teachers from a rural or remote area
- future teachers in their first year of an initial teacher education course
- future teachers from a Language Background Other than English.
Applicants may apply for more than one category if appropriate.
Applications close 4pm on April 28, 2017.
For more information on the Future Teacher Scholarships, please click here.