AEU-NSW Teachers Federation
The Centre for Professional Learning (CPL) is conducted under the auspices of and with the support of the AEU–NSW Teachers Federation (NSWTF). It aims to provide high-quality professional learning opportunities to members of the union.
A new term for the position of Director, CPL, will commence the beginning of the 2017 school year. The Director supervises the overall planning and operation of the CPL, which includes the administration of the Journal of Professional Learning, JPL, and the supervision of personnel within the CPL and reports to a Committee of Management and is responsible to the Executive, Council and Senior Officers of the union.
- Complete commitment to the goals of the NSWTF and the principles of public education
- Wide experience in teaching and education at a senior level
- Knowledge of exemplary current practice and issues in professional learning especially related to implementation of the NSW Syllabuses
- Skills in adult education principles
- Knowledge of the range of modes of professional learning
- Ability to liaise with the full range of personnel involved in the operation of the CPL
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with wide experience managing teams of personnel
- Capacity to expand the scope of the CPL to cover the full range of NSWTF members in schools
Salary and conditions
The salary will be equal to that of a Deputy Principal (High School) under the relevant teacher award and the working conditions, superannuation arrangements and leave provisions will be commensurate with those of officers of the NSWTF. The appointment is for a three-year period. The Director will be expected to attend meetings of the Council and Executive of the union.
Applications opened on September 14, 2016 and will close at 5pm on October 12, 2016.
Candidates for this position should apply to the General Secretary, NSWTF, with a written application, not exceeding four A4 pages, addressing the position criteria. Enquiries and applications should be made via email to John Dixon, General Secretary, NSWTF, at email@example.com.
Selection panel: General Secretary, NSWTF President, plus two members of the Committee of Management