Where can I get confidential advice in relation to concerns that arise in the workplace?

As a financial member of the Federation you can obtain confidential advice on any matter related to your employment or personal matter that has an impact on your employment by ringing Federation’s Communications section on 1300 654 367, 8.30am–5pm Monday to Friday.

Your call will be answered by one of six Communications advisers.

Where possible, members’ questions or concerns are addressed by Communications advisers and more serious issues are referred to the Rostered Duty Officer, Duty Welfare Officer or, for TAFE or Corrective Services members to the Post Schools Duty Officer. For matters that could be complex or lengthy, members may be allocated to a Welfare Officer for ongoing confidential advice.

Federation Officers all have experience as teachers in public education and fully understand the need for confidentiality.

This is general information. If you require specific information relating to your own personal circumstances phone Communications on 1300 654 367.

Janet Hannaford, Welfare Officer