Terry Moriarty
Amber Flohm


I am a casual teacher and was called by a school for a day’s work. However, when I reported to the school I was advised my services were not required. What happens?


You are entitled to receive payment for one half of one day’s pay.

It is important that you immediately ask to have your claim form signed by the authorised person at the school to indicate the half pay entitlement.

This advice is general in nature and members should contact Federation for advice and/or support in specific situations. Terry Moriarty is a Relief Officer and Amber Flohm is the Multicultural Officer/Organiser.

Casual and Temporary Teachers Handbook

Federation’s Casual and Temporary Teachers Handbook contains outlines conditions and addresses commonly asked questions. This handbook is also accessible here on our website.